Let's get right to the list released by Forbes Magazine.
- Remember when XRP went to $3.80? let's see. 5.2B x $3.80 = $19.76B at one point.
- I spoke with Miguel Vias, Ripple's Chief of Markets today (2/7).
- Ripple is now the 3rd largest crypto with a market cap around $29B (2/8/2018).
- Located in Brooklyn, ConsenSys helps companies that want to build on the Ethereum Blockchain.
- It is kind of ironic that the largest cryptocurrency is in a country that is putting all these roadblocks against trading
- Binance will also be moving out of China due to stiffening regulatory environment.
- As far as a mobile trading app for crypto, I think Binance is above the crowd.
- The exchange is Gemini.
- They took that payout from Facebook ($11M) and invested into crypto. These boys keep on rolling.
- First investor on this list.
- Second person to be on this list because of XRP. Will there be a third?
- Another New York based company.
- With all these exchanges and wallets getting hacked, Coinbase has become a leader in this space.
- Binance is the exchange you buy alts on, while Coinbase is for the major, largest market cap coins.
- 2nd Investor.
- 2nd top 20 richest to have benefited from Ethereum's rise.
- Hope this guy doesn't burn out.
- The 3 platforms Forbes referred to are:
1) Steemit - decentralized social media platform. Think reddit on the blockchain, and with incentive structure to post, like, be engaged.
2) Bitshare - decentralized exchange for cryptocurrencies.
3) EOS - smart contract platform. Similar to Ethereum but claims to be better.
- This is the 3rd man on this list because of XRP.
- Ripple is valued around $410M and he owns about 6.3% stake.
- It is the XRP coin that made Brad and the other 2 earlier on this list rich.
- An investor that owns a media outlet for crypto.
- Probably the most popular guy on this list.
Some Random Observations:
- You probably wonder hey, it's 19 items on this list. Well, it's because the Winklevoss twins are counted as 2 people.
- List contains all men, mostly white.
- 3 rich off of XRP (not Ripple)
- 3 rich off of Ethereum
- Young group: 24 (Vitalik Buterin) to 57 (Chris Larsen)
- 6 of the top 20 are operating mostly out of New York.
- Most of these are Americans